The international program was established based on the university’s vision and core values of achieving leadership, excellence, and democracy in the field of open teaching and learning, community service, and market needs. This program is one of the outstanding educational programs offered by QOU which employs the experiences of its practitioners in widening access to higher education. It is carefully designed for online teaching and learning pedagogies and practices using the cutting-edge educational technologies.
Stemming from its national and societal responsibilities, QOU has set out in its development and strategic plan the expansion of their educational services by offering its academic programs within the framework of international open education. This program will allow more accessibility to higher education for all people living outside Palestine by aiming at those wishing to obtain a bachelor’s degree.
Creativity and excellence in developing competencies and leadership capabilities by supporting the principle of right to education and offering equal access to higher education for all people living outside Palestine.
Widening access to higher education, as well as broadening the scope of the university’s educational services and programs through a diverse, integrated, and distinguished academic and educational programs. Designing a student-centered teaching and learning process in accordance with the open education practices based on the most recent quality, excellence, and creativity standards, in terms of preparing qualified cadre in a variety of fields.
Goals and Objective
The goals of international program are derived from the vision, mission, and philosophy of QOU, as well as the needs of the international market. The program aims at:
- Offering innovative, specialized programs that meet the regional and international market needs based on the best open educational practices.
- Supporting our students abroad throughout the international program using our innovative online practices.
- Providing our students with all academic, technological, and technical capabilities at QOU.
- Sharing the considerable experiences and knowledge of QOU academic cadre with our students.
- Opening access to higher education for all students living outside Palestine.
- Enhancing collaboration, communication, and interaction with students’ communities from all over the world.
- Building and developing the capacities of our students by equipping them with the required skills to compete effectively in the regional and international labor market.
E-Learning Resources and e-Learning Technologies
- Student Portal: This online platform is available to all our students. After registration, students will have access to content from a variety of sources relevant to your academic studies, including instructions, email account, and access to the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
- Digital Content Repository: An open-source digital repository used by the university to store, index and classify the university’s digital assets such as scientific journals, research, books, digital content, and self-learning courses.
- Online Open Smart Courses: Designed and published as Open Educational Resources (OER). These courses are developed in a smart learning environment that are consistent with the educational needs and with the requirements of the digital generation.
- Educational Video Platform (QOU Tube): is an open-source platform for interactive educational videos produced by QOU.
- Slideshare Platform: An open-source platform for sharing lectures, presentations, data, and documents, in addition to any relevant digital learning resources.
- Self-paced Online Courses: In line with 20th century skills, QOU is the first in the Arab world to establish this style of learning based on open educational practices. It allows students to achieve the principle of mastery learning. This learning method is built on instructional modules (mini-learning units) that are supplemented by educational videos, shapes, graphics, and infographics, as well as the use of multiple sequential and summative formative self-assessment techniques.
- Virtual Classroom Technology: QOU practitioners have substantial expertise in implementing and practicing this technique for the synchronous lectures of various courses. In this online collaborative environment, educators can enhance students’ engagement using the available tools for presentation, interaction, and saving the outcome as video on demand for asynchronous learning. Moreover, these platforms are available for individual online meetings between educators and students at any time for assistance and sharing ideas.